history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
 [?]
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography

People

Name:    South Side National Bank
Profession:  Merchant
Born/Started:    1891
Description:    Adolphus Busch opened the South Side Bank in 1891 at Broadway and Pestalozzi to serve the residents who lived near the Anheuser Busch Brewery. In 1928 the bank merged with SouthSide Trust Company and the Farmers & Merchants Trust Company to create South Side National Bank in St. Louis. In 1919 it moved to its current historic location at 3606 Gravois.

Southside Banks had 16 offices in the St. Louis area when it was bought out by Allegiant Bancorp in 2001. [ St. Louis-Home on the River, http://allegiantbank.com/about/about_us_History.shtml



Reference
St. Louis: Home on the River

More People
in the Same Profession(s)

Related Links
Allegiant Bank History-South Side Bank

 

 

peoplestructureseventssourceshome
about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.


Version 1.0